Tuesday 15 January 2013

Winter Album


It has been a while since I did an album for a friend. I planned to make it as a Christmas gift but now it's a New Year gift. It took me quite sometime to finish as there were more than 30 photos and each page was like a mini layout. There were a lot of "first" for this album. It's the first time I completed the inside pages before I do the front cover. It's the first time I used sewing machine to make and embellish pages. It's the first time I incorporated drawings in the pages. It's the first time I used my King Jim rub on labels. It's the first time I used vellum and wax paper at such an extent....

There were too many pages that can't be bind in one.....so have to split into 2....here are some of the pages that I want to show you.


There were 2 things done for the vellum underneath the title:
1) Sewn one line through the vellum to separate the main and sub title
2) Used Mister Huey's White to mist on the vellum
to make the snow dot

I love this page. It's like a clipboard that supplement the itinerary page.


The banner was cafe logos in Seoul printed out from my computer.
I glued them on wax paper and stitched through by sewing machine.
This page is supposed to look like a map. I drew
 some trees, cafe and clouds on the top and
marked the metro station as part of the map.
 
I traced the Gwanghwamun on the vellum
and used Seoul limited MT to decorate.
This is the 2nd album. I can't think of anything to put
 next to the snowman...So ended up making the flags....
 
This photo is composed of 3 pages.
1) 1st page is the vellum that I stamped snowflakes and "Snow much fun" on
2) 2nd page is a snowman die cut from my Cameo
3) 3rd page is the photo of the ski resort
 
I like this picture very much. The ski resort was really beautiful at night.
I used the King Jim rub on label for the words on the banner.
 
I didn't know what to do with this page... until...
I saw the snowflakes negative lying on the table.
It turns out really nice with vellum on top.
After making these 2 albums, I still have some pattern paper and embellishments left....... I guess I am going to make another one for my sister as she is currently in Seoul (...again) for a short birthday celebration trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment