Monday 12 March 2012

Japanese Masking Tapes

Masking tape is one of my favourite shopping items these days. Do you remember what is your first roll(s), when and where you got them from? I got my first few roll of masking tapes from Loft at Shibuya, Tokyo in Apr 2010. I used them to wrap presents, stick posters or notes on the wall and label note books. It's only in 2011 that I started to use them in my scrapbooking projects and since then, I can't stop loving them and buying new ones. My favourite brands are MT, Marks, Colte and Classiky. I find that MT has the best quality as they are sticky and yet very forgiving.

Other than Japan, countries like Korea and China are also making masking tapes. I bought a few from Korea and their designs are pretty but the stickiness depends on the weather and temperature. I find that they are less sticky when I used in Korea as it was cold and dry. However, they turns out ok when I used them in Singapore. As for those that are made in China and sold in Japan like the "fun tape",  I have only tried them in Singapore and their stickiness is acceptable. However, I don't like the glossy look and crispy tearing cut as I find it more difficult to blend into my scrapbooking projects.  I guess the reason why they have a more crispy cut is that may be they were not using 和紙 (Rice paper) or for sure different paper and rubber formula.

If you are also a masking tape lover, I have some for you to buy:

MT1) Set of 4 from MT and Classiky --> S$16 (SOLD OUT)


MT2) Set of 4 from MT --> S$16 (SOLD OUT)


MT3) Set of 3 from MT and Classiky--> S$12


MT4) Set of 3from Colte--> S$13.5


MT5) Set of 3 from Colte--> S$13.5


MT6) Set of 3 from Colte--> S$13.5


MT7) Set of 3 from Colte--> S$13.5


MT8) Set of 3 from Colte--> S$13.5 (SOLD OUT)



Please email me if you would like to purchase any of the above.

Coming up next... masking tape pre-order for Spring 2012 collection from the brand MT, Colte, Classiky and Marks...

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment